Metal roofing has gained popularity in recent years as a durable, energy-efficient, and visually appealing option for residential and commercial buildings. Standing seam and screw-down metal roofing are two of the most popular types of metal roofing available in the market currently. They have their own unique features and benefits, as well as some drawbacks. Here’s what you need to know about the differences between standing seam and screw-down metal roofing before you make your roofing decisions.
Standing Seam Metal Roofing:
Standing seam metal roofing is a popular option for many commercial and residential buildings. It is made of long, continuous panels with vertical seams that are connected by interlocking panels. The panels are attached to the roof deck with clips or fasteners, which are hidden by the vertical seams. Some of the features and benefits of standing seam metal roofing are:
- Aesthetically pleasing: Standing seam metal roofing has a sleek and modern look that can enhance the overall appearance of any building. It is available in a variety of colors, textures, and finishes.
- Durable: Standing seam metal roofing is extremely durable and can last for up to 50 years or more with proper maintenance.
- Energy efficient: Standing seam metal roofing is energy-efficient and can help to reduce energy costs by reflecting solar heat.
- Low maintenance: Standing seam metal roofing requires very little maintenance and can be easily cleaned with a power washer.
Screw Down Metal Roofing:
Screw-down metal roofing is a more traditional and affordable option for many residential and commercial buildings. It is made of individual panels that are screwed to the roof deck with exposed fasteners. Some of the features and benefits of screw-down metal roofing are:
- Affordable: Screw-down metal roofing is more affordable than standing seam metal roofing and can be a good option for those on a budget.
- Easy to install: Screw-down metal roofing is relatively easy to install and can be done by DIY enthusiasts.
- Variety: Screw-down metal roofing is available in a variety of colors and finishes, making it easy to match with the overall look of any building.
Ultimately, the choice between standing seam and screw-down metal roofing will depend on the specific needs and preferences of the building owner. No matter the decision, Centennial Roofing is able to help meet and exceed your roofing needs.